Costa Rica travel packages – Make your vacation your own
The travel market is so full of excellent Costa Rica travel packages that it makes almost no sense to try and organize each bit of your own travel.
Going through a travel agency will give you access to all sorts of hidden corners of Costa Rica that you would never stumble across on your own. Of course, you’ll end up paying more for this expertise, but the experience they’re able to offer you will be worth the extra money.
Types of Costa Rica travel packages
The only difficulty with employing a travel agent to help sort out your vacation is that with so many different types of packages available, it can be hard to decide what you really want out of your trip.
|This is the grounds of the all-inclusive Grand Papagayo Resort. Heaven on earth.|
When you’re thinking about travel to Costa Rica, consider some these options of travel packages to choose from:
- Costa Rica All Inclusive Vacations – “All inclusive” can mean lots of different things to different travel agencies and covers anything from just food and accommodations, to all travel, entrance to attractions and alcohol. These vacations tend to be based at hotel resorts, so will be good for those looking for the complete relaxation and pampering experience.
- Costa Rica Adventure Vacations – Costa Rica is your ideal destination for adventure trips having rainforests, mountains, desert islands and hidden beaches to explore. Most Costa Rica travel packages focus on a couple of these areas, offering you guided tours and hikes as part of the cost of your vacation.
- Costa Rica Family Vacations – Out of all the Central American countries, Costa Rica is very child-friendly, and offers plenty of theme parks, wild animal experiences and underwater adventures to be had all around the country. The main cities can be a little intimidating at night, especially outside the capital San Jose, so make sure the package you choose keeps you out in the country.
- Costa Rica Fishing Vacations – If your idea of the perfect vacation is casting a line in the hot sun and gently motoring around pristine seas, then a fishing vacation in Costa Rica is for you. Each fishing location has a stunning backdrop of forest and mountains, and the water is so clear and blue you feel you can almost reach in and touch the fish.
|Look at the size of that rooster fish!
Photo by Marina Kuperman Villatoro (Creative Commons Attribution.)
Of course, it’s very likely you’ll mix and match different activities and excursions to create a Costa Rica vacation that’s perfect for you.
What to look for
The main drawback of having so many Costa Rica travel packages from which to choose is that it can be difficult knowing which tour operator to hire. Some things to consider:
- The first step in reducing the number of choices is to set yourself a budget and stick to it.
- The second is to look at the number of years that the travel agency has been running trips to Costa Rica, as this will give you an idea about the number of unique experiences they’re likely to offer you.
- Finally, pick an agency with whom you can meet or call whenever the need arises. You’ll need to negotiate certain aspects of the tour to suit your own needs, and you’ll need a company who will listen to you.
Costa Rica travel packages give you an amazing vacation, but as with all trips, it will be important to do your research about what kind of activities and sights that are offered.
Once you’ve got a list of the things that you think you’d definitely like to see and do, you can then start the hunt for the best deal.